Looking for creative Valentine’s Day ideas this year? Valentine’s Day 2021 will likely be different than previous years. With many people choosing to stay home, the usual Feb. 14 plans are off the date-night docket. But just because fancy dinner and a movie aren’t on the schedule, doesn’t mean your 2021 Valentine’s Day plans are canceled! Whether you’re spending it with your Valentine, with a few close friends, or going solo, here’s how to make the best Valentine’s Day plans at home.
What to do when you’re single on Valentine’s Day
Being single on Valentine’s Day is the perfect chance to treat your #1 — you! Learning to love yourself can be a challenging and lifelong undertaking. If you don’t already practice self-love on a regular basis, now’s a great time to start. For self-love Valentine’s Day ideas, take a moment to appreciate all the amazing things you do for yourself, and how awesome you are!
- Indulge in your favorite things. Whatever it is that truly makes you happy, do it! Whether it’s curling up with a good book, grabbing a sweaty gym session, or baking bread, you deserve to do it on Valentine’s Day.
- Get crafty and creative. Engage your brain in a new way and do something creative on Valentine’s Day! For example, you can try your hand at a virtual wine and paint night, learn how to decorate a cake, or even DIY some decor. Remember, part of self-love is accepting that you’re not perfect at everything, so it’s ok to make mistakes and laugh at yourself if it’s a total fail. It’s all about enjoying yourself, after all!
- Have a self-love spa day at home. Nothing says self-love quite like unplugging and pampering yourself for a day. Leave the laptop off, and get out your comfiest robe. Take a long, relaxing bath, sip on some DIY spa water, and play soothing music. Use candles or aromatherapy to set the mood and enhance your at-home spa vibes. Book a professional massage at home with Soothe to really go all-out for yourself on Valentine’s Day!
- Write love notes. No, not to your crush. A great way to manifest more gratitude and self-love is to write it down. Writing love notes to yourself might feel weird, but we promise it works! Take time to focus on all the things you love about yourself and are thankful for in your life. If you’re feeling really inspired, thank-you notes also make a heartfelt Valentine’s Day gift for your friends and family!
Galentine’s Day 2021 plans for friends
Want to celebrate February 14 with your besties? Staying at home doesn’t mean you have to skip out on the Galentine’s Day fun. We have 3 great ideas for Valentine’s Day 2021 plans to have with friends, even if you can’t be together in person.
- Galentine’s Day (virtual) brunch. No need to trek out to a restaurant or worry about reservations this year. Instead, schedule a video call with your besties, and order in (or DIY) your favorite brunch dishes. Cute outfits and mimosas strongly recommended.
- Host a Valentine’s Day trivia night. Jump on a virtual call with all your friends (singles and couples welcome) and let the competition begin. Want to put a Feb. 14 spin on the event? Quiz everyone on celebrity couples, rom-com movie facts, and romances found in classic literature.
- Do a dessert exchange. Get your oven ready! To host a Valentine’s Day dessert exchange, everyone bakes a different treat. Think heart-shaped brownies, red wine cake pops, and homemade cookies. Then, wrap up individual servings for each person in the group and deliver! Finally, do a contactless drop off at each house, send them in the mail, or have one person collect and deliver all the treats.
- Valentine’s Day plans for the guys. Guys can celebrate Valentine’s Day together too. Make plans for a video game night, or marathon your favorite TV series. At-home beer tasting and whiskey flights are also a great guys’ night idea for Valentine’s Day 2021. Whatever your plans are, don’t forget the snacks!
Romantic Valentine’s Day ideas at home for couples
Looking for a unique Valentine’s Day idea for you and your beau? Soothe has you covered! Check out these ideas to plan a fun (and safe) Valentine’s Day at home with the one you love.
- Cook dinner at home — together. Skip the fancy dinner reservation this year. Cooking together is a great way to bond, and it’s fun! Try making your favorite foods, or copy a dish you shared on a previous date. To make it more romantic, put on some music while you prepare dinner, and set the table with candles. Bonus points if you break out the nice plates, too!
- Add some amazing food to your mood. Spice up this Valentine’s Day with your partner or BFF. Order delicious, creative dishes from one of our local chefs, or book a private chef for a full-course romantic dinner experience from this trendy start-up Zymmo (Android and IOS). You will also be supporting a local business from the comfort of your home. They have a 25% off promotion for the first 100 Soothe customers with coupon ZYMMOSOOTHE. Don’t forget to set the table and light those candles!
- Book a couples massage. It’s been a weird year, and nothing says, “I love you” like a night of pure, uninterrupted relaxation. When you book a couples massage from Soothe, you don’t even have to leave the house to get a 5-star spa experience! Therapists on the Soothe network will bring everything you need to create a relaxing unforgettable Valentine’s Day experience right at home.
- Dance the night away. If you’re usually found hitting the dance floor on February 14, this one’s for you. For a unique Valentine’s Day idea, create a dance floor in your living room. Put on your dancing shoes, put on some music, and push the furniture aside. Need some inspo? Book a virtual dance lesson to learn some new steps.
Still need a gift?
Chocolates are boring and flowers are overdone. Skip the cliche Valentine’s Day gift ideas this year and get them something they’ll really love: a Soothe wellness card. An on-demand massage from Soothe is the ultimate way to say “I care about you,” with professional massage therapy on their schedule. Plus, they’re a great way to treat yourself to some much deserved R&R, too. Send a massage gift card, or book a massage appointment today — hurry, limited Valentine’s Day sessions are filling up fast!